- Do you want to pay less interest over the course of your loan?
- Do you want the security of a consistent rate and payment?
- Do you want to pay off your mortgage as fast as possible?
If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, a 15-year fixed-rate mortgage might be right for you! Lower mortgage rates and a shorter term means less interest overall, making this loan a top choice for the financially savvy.
How a 15-year fixed-rate mortgage works
- Monthly payments based on interest rate, principal loan amount, and amortized interest over 15 years
- Your payment will not change throughout the life of the loan
- Your actual payment will vary based on your situation and the current interest rates when you apply
- Pay your mortgage at any time without pre-payment penalties