Now, FHA does not make loans or guarantee loans. It insures loans. The insurance removes or minimizes the default risk lenders face when buyers put down less than 20 percent. Without further approval from FHA, its approved lenders are authorized to:
- Take loan applications
- Process loan applications
- Underwrite and close the loan
FHA Loans Allow a Blemished Credit History
If your credit is less than perfect, FHA might be the loan for you. You may qualify for an FHA loan even though you have had financial problems.
FICO scores can be lower than those for a conventional loan.
Bankruptcy. You can obtain an FHA loan two to three years from the date of your bankruptcy discharge, as long as you’ve maintained good credit since your debts were discharged.
*Certain limitations apply. Call for details.
FHA Loans Boast Competitive Rates & Terms
- No Income or Property Eligibility Requirements (Streamline Refinances)
- 96.5% LTV Financing for Purchases and Rate/Term Refinances up to 97.75%
- 85% LTV Cash-out Refinances
- 6% Seller’s Concessions
- Unlimited Gift Funds Allowed
- Common Sense Underwriting
FHA loans are available to anybody but are used most often by first-time home buyers and low- to moderate-income buyers. However, there are no income limit qualifications.