A properly documented loan application makes your loan process go smoothly. This checklist will help you gather your paperwork.
- Complete and sign the residential loan application, (Form 1003), credit authorization and fair lending notice. If you make a mistake while filling out the application cross it out, and make a change. Do NOT use whiteout.
- If you are salaried: you may need to provide W-2’s for the previous two years and one month of paystubs(most likely only your most recent W2 and pay stub). If you are self-employed, provide tax returns for the previous two years, including all schedules, and a YTD profit and loss statement if you have filed an extension. (Note: provide copies of all requested documents. Do not provide original documents.)
- If you own rental property, provide recent rental agreements and/or tax returns for the previous two years, including all schedules.
- To speed up the approval process, provide bank statements for the most recent two months statements for all bank , and recent statements for stock, mutual funds and IRA/401K accounts.
- If you are NOT a US citizen, provide a copy of your green card (front & back).
- If any borrower has filed bankruptcy, provide the Discharge Notice, Filing and Schedule of Creditors.
- If you are applying for a home equity line of credit or loan (second loan), also include your first mortgage note. (This should be with your closing loan documents).